List of active policies
|ICR Terms and Conditions||Site policy||All users|
Terms and Conditions for Registration of Online Courses
All terms and
conditions outlined below apply to the registration, participation of our
Online Courses and utilisation of our Course Materials.
The terms and conditions may be revised or substituted from time to time. Your continued access to our online courses and use of the Course Materials shall be deemed acceptance to the terms and conditions as amended or substituted.
1. In these Terms
& Conditions, except where the context otherwise requires:
a. “Course Materials” refers to materials in any form, documents, worksheets, guides and tools (whether digital or physical) including but not limited to audio and/or video recordings of quizzes, test or activities, used, distributed, made available or provided to complement or in relation to or part of the Online Courses;
b. “I Can Read”, “ICR Academy”, “ICR”, "we", "us" or "our" means ICR Pte Ltd and its affiliates and franchises;
c. “Online Course” refers to all the education programmes organized and provided by ICR through the digital media or through any online platform;
d. “You” refers to the customer who is registering for the Online Course either in your personal capacity or on behalf of another person and if the latter, references to “you” shall where the context apply include that person.
2. You represent that you have full legal capacity to register and participate in the Online Courses either for yourself or for another person. You and/or the person who is participating in the online course shall waive any defence relating to capacity to be bound by the terms and condition.
3. The fee for the Online Course (the “Fee”) must be paid in full at the time of registration for the online Course. Registration for each Online Course is not complete until ICR has received such full payment of the Fee. You are responsible for non-payment, even if the Fee is being paid by a third party. After successful registration, you will receive an e-mail from ICR to furnish your login in details to the Course.
4. Courses will be billed in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and fees stipulated includes GST (subject to changes by IRAS). Registration link accept payment via credit card (MasterCard, Visa and Amex) only.
5. You agree to provide current, accurate and complete registration information. Submission of your registration constitute your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
6. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or ICR has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, ICR has the right to suspend or terminate your registration.
7. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login ID, password, digital token/signature and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login ID, password, digital token/signature or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify ICR of any unauthorized use of your login ID, password, digital token/signature or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. ICR cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this clause.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
8. Except where ICR cancels the Online Course, all fees paid are not refundable. If you reside in a jurisdiction where mandatory provisions apply, the minimum stipulated rights shall apply.
9. Cancellation by ICR. ICR reserves the right to cancel the Online Course by giving you notice in writing (including by email) at any time before the course is due to start. ICR will refund all fees paid by you and if possible, will endeavour to offer a transfer to another course as an alternative, subject to payment or refund of any difference in purchase price. For avoidance of doubt, failing to complete an Online Course within a stipulated time does not constitute a cancellation by ICR.
10. ICR’s liability when it cancels an Online Course will be limited to a refund of the Fee paid for the cancelled Online Course. For partial cancellation of an Online Course, such refunds will be made on a proportionate basis. All dates are subject to change, however, notice of such change will be given and refunds will not be issued for any rescheduled class.
11. Where compliance with Anti Money Laundering Law requires, refunds will be made in the same manner and back to the account from which the Fees were paid. You will be responsible for all banking or transaction fees charged by the bank or credit card company or payment processing agent. You should allow up to 8 weeks for the credit to appear on your credit card or bank statement.
12. The course description is intended to
indicate only the general nature of the course and does not guarantee content.
ICR reserves the right to amend the course and alter details at its discretion.
13. ICR is not responsible if you fail to
meet the Online Course requirements (including but not limiting the time limit
which you will need to complete the Online Course) and you should ensure that
you allocate sufficient time to allow you to successfully complete the Online
14. The Online Courses may contain links to
third-party web sites that are maintained by others. These links are provided
solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by ICR of the contents
of such third-party web sites. ICR is not responsible for the content of linked
third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content
or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access
linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
15. You agree that ICR makes no claim that
the Online Course content is appropriate for any particular purpose or
audience, or that it may be downloaded outside of Singapore. Access to the
Online Course may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. When
accessing the Online Course and/or the Website, you are responsible for
compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
16. You acknowledge that the Online Courses
are provided through a third-party platform which ICR has no control. In signing up, you may be required to enter
into and agree to separate terms and conditions of this third-party provider. ICR disclaims all liabilities arising from or
related to any failure by this third-party platform.
17. By continuing to access or use the Online
Course or any content located via the Online Course and/or on the Website, you
signify your agreement to abide by and observe the following licensing
conditions. ICR may modify these
conditions from time to time.
18. ICR grants you a limited license to
access and use the content and Course Materials via the Online Course in
connection with the course you are enrolled in.
As a condition of such license, you agree that:
a. All materials – including but not limited to text, photographs, video, audio, images and any other content – appearing via the Online Course and/or on the Website are protected by copyrights and/or other proprietary rights belonging to ICR and/or other third parties. You agree to abide by all applicable laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, publicity rights and privacy rights in the US, EU, Singapore and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Website.
b. You may not copy, reproduce, duplicate, distribute, disseminate, publish, post, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, upload to, transmit, or in any way exploit any content from the Online Course, Course Materials and/or on the Website. You may not sell or offer for sale any of the content, or allow third parties to access it, or use such content to construct any kind of database. You may use the content from the Online Course and/or on the Website only for personal, non-commercial use.
c. Any violation of these terms may result in your expulsion from the Online Course and/or ICR, and you may be subjected to legal claims, fines and penalties.
19. ICR does not screen communications in
advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by
students or registered users (“Users”). You are responsible for your own
communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. You
must not do any of the following things while accessing or using Online Course
or using the Course Material:
a. post or transmit any material unless you are the owner of all patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights ("Rights") therein, or have the permission of the owner of the Rights to post or transmit such material;
b. post material that otherwise violates any Rights of any third party or violates or infringes on the privacy or publicity rights of third parties;
c. post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, libellous, embarrassing or otherwise objectionable to another User or any other person or entity;
d. post sexually-explicit language or images;
e. post advertisements or solicitations of business;
f. post or transmit any chain letters or pyramid schemes;
g. impersonate another person or entity;
h. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
i. post or transmit any information containing a virus or other harmful component; or
j. collect or store any personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set out above.
reserves the right to remove you from the Online Course and/or the Website if
you do not respect these guidelines, ICR and/or fellow students/users. ICR also reserves the right to initiate legal
action and/or disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law,
regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post
or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at ICR's sole
contents of the Online Course and Course Material, including but not limited to
any text, graphics, images, audio, video, data, coding, scripts, computer
programs and other material ("Content" or "Contents"), are protected
by copyright and other forms of intellectual property rights, and are owned or
controlled by ICR or by third parties that have licensed their Content to the
ICR. ICR authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Content
solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If applicable, the use of any
software that is made available for downloading ("Software") is
governed by the terms of the software license agreement accompanying such
software (the "License Agreement"), and is conditioned on your
agreement to be bound by the terms of the License Agreement. You will be made
aware of any terms and conditions that apply to the Software when you try to
download it. If you do not accept such
terms and conditions, you will not be allowed to download the Software. All rights in and to the Content not
expressly granted to you in the License Agreement are reserved. Neither the
availability of, nor anything contained within the Online Course or ICR website
shall be construed as conferring any license under any of the ICR's or any
third party's intellectual property rights, other or further than as expressly
provided in the foregoing provisions of this paragraph, whether by implication,
estoppel or otherwise.
use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You may
not sell, prepare derivative works based on or modify the Content (including,
without limitation, preparation of summaries of the Content or
"thumbnails" of any images therein), or reproduce, publicly display,
publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any
public or commercial purpose. The use of the Content or any portion thereof on
any other web site, or in any publication, database, catalogue or compilation,
or in a networked computer environment for any purpose other than personal
browsing of the Online Course without the express prior written permission of
ICR is strictly prohibited. With respect to any copy you make of the Content
within the scope of the limited personal license granted herein, you must
retain therein, unmodified and unobscured, any and all copyright and other
proprietary notices contained in the original Content. Some of the Content may
contain digital "watermarks" to indicate their source and ownership.
You agree not to attempt to remove, deactivate, reverse engineer, modify,
tamper with or obscure any such watermarks. The trademarks, logos and service
marks (the "Marks") displayed on the Online Course are owned by ICR
or third parties. You are prohibited from using the Marks without the express,
prior written permission of ICR or such third party.
posting communications (including any graphic or multimedia content) or
submissions as part of the Online Course, you automatically grant ICR a
royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce,
modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly
display the communication and any trademarks, names or likenesses therein alone
or as part of compilations or other works in any form, media, or technology
whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through
multiple tiers of sublicensees. (Provisions conferring similar rights on the
ICR may apply under separate terms or agreements with respect to certain matter
submitted other than in the Online Course; you should check the applicable
agreements or terms provided by ICR in order to ascertain your rights.
registering with ICR and by paying the fees, you agree to ICR collecting and
using your personal data. This will be done in accordance with the Personal
these Terms & Conditions.
requirements - the Online Course is facilitated through an online learning
management system. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the proper
hardware and software requirements, along with access to internet, to be able
to participate in the course. You will need to ensure you have the proper
technology at the time of registration as will be provided with the
is not be responsible for any errors or failures in relation to your ability to
access the online course or any related materials, including where such errors
or failures are caused by: (i) a loss of connection on ICR's or your end; (ii)
a breakdown or problems with the online software and/or (iii) a breakdown or
problems with your internet connection, computer or system.
damages - under no circumstances shall ICR be liable to any user or any third
party on account of that user's use of the online course. In no event shall ICR
be liable to you or any such third party for any direct, indirect, punitive,
exemplary, incidental, special or consequential damages or any damages
whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or
profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of
the Online Course, the delay or inability to use the online course, the
provision of or failure to provide any associated services, or for any
information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through
the web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the online course, whether
based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if ICR has been
advised of the possibility of damages. This clause is excluded in
states/jurisdictions that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability
for consequential or incidental damages, if you are in these jurisdictions, the
above limitations may not apply to you.
agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ICR, its officers, directors,
employees and agents, from and against any losses, liabilities, damages, costs,
and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal, expert and
accounting fees, incurred in connection with any claims, actions or demands
alleging or resulting from your use of the Course Material, Contents (including
Software), the Online Courses, your breach of this Agreement, or your violation
of law or of the rights of any third party.
a situation arise that is not covered by these Terms and Conditions, ICR
reserves the right to take any reasonable and fair action that we think
any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having
competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the
validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in
full force and effect.
failure of ICR to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement
shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver of any
term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such
term or any other term.
agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause
of action arising out of or related to use of the Course Materials, Online
Course, this Agreement against ICR must be filed within one (1) year after such
claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
provision of the Online Courses, Course Materials and Contents and any
associated services are from Singapore.
Singapore law shall apply to all legal issues arising from or related to
this Agreement, the Online Course or Course Materials. Any dispute arising out of or in connection
with the aforesaid, including any question regarding existence, validity or
termination of this Agreement, shall be referred to and finally resolved by
arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre
(“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore
International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC Rules") for the time being in
force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this
clause. The seat of the arbitration
shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall
consist of one (1) arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be
in this clause shall prevent ICR from taking out any injunction, mandamus
action or interim application in a jurisdiction that you are subjected to.
35. You hereby irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which you may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any such proceeding brought in such a court and any claim that any such proceeding brought in such a court has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
ICR places a high
value on doing our part to keep your personal information and privacy
safe. The following is our Privacy
Policy which is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012. It is a policy on what we do with the
information we may obtain from you and the measures we use to ensure that your
personal information is not misused.
ICR holds and processes a wide range of information about its students, prospective students and other persons who may be interested in its services.
This privacy notice applies to all ICR operations in the global locations where we organise courses or promote services. The notice explains the type of information that we process, why we are processing it and how that processing may affect you.
The privacy notice is split into the sections listed below. The Glossary section explains what we mean by “personal data”, “processing”, and other terms used in this notice.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time, and will post any revised notice on this webpage. Where appropriate we may notify you by email or by a notice on our website that our privacy notice has changed but we recommend that you check this page regularly. Any changes will be immediately effective on posting.
2. Who We Are?
ICR Pte Ltd and its affiliates will have control of personal information and data in relation to your registration and enrolment of the Online Courses.
3. Your Personal Data and the Collection of Personal Data
Collection directly from you in response to our request
Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly from you (whether face to face, over the telephone, on a paper form, by email or online) for example:
· when you apply for or enrol on one of our courses;
· when you call us, email us or meet with one of our staff;
· when you sign up on [website], or while attending an event or student recruitment fair, to receive news about upcoming courses and events relating to particular areas of interest.
Automatic collection when you call us, visit our premises or our website, or take one of our online courses
· Your image may be collected by ICR if you attend our premises. We use CCTV at our premises for the protection of our staff, our students, and our visitors.
· We also sometimes video or record our lectures or other events, and may make these videos and recordings available through social media, but we will inform you on arrival at the lecture or event if we intend to do this. If you have enrolled on one of our online courses, we also collect certain data about your progress through the course, such as which modules you have completed, the results of any test.
· We collect data about your computer when you visit our website which includes your internet address, your operating system and browser type. We use this information for our internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website and monitor and improve the user experience.
· We also collect data about you through cookies. A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by our website’s server which allows our website to remember your preferences or transactions that are in progress. You can see more detail on cookies by clicking on Cookie Settings.
Collection of data from other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, for example when we verify your data from banks or any references that you may provide us.
4. What Personal Data Do We Process and Why?
We have set out below the types of personal data that we process, the purposes for which we use it and the legal grounds on which we process it. The Glossary contains more information about the legal grounds for processing.
Examples of personal data
(please note that the list is not exhaustive)
Legal grounds for processing
To provide you with requested services
(for example, assessing eligibility for a course, enrolling you on a course, assessing fitness to study, delivering teaching to you)
· name, title, and contact details (including email address, postal address, telephone numbers)
· your bank account details, payment card details, bank transfer receipt
· your prior academic achievements and qualifications
· nature of the services including contractual terms
· progress in your studies with us (attendance, coursework, interim grades and awards, online module completion status) and final outcome
· records of your communications with us
· any information relating to complaints or academic and other misconduct
Performance of a contract
Where required, to evidence our compliance with legal requirements, (for example, verifying your identity)
· your date of birth, identification documents (including photo) and the results of identification verification checks
· information about you that must be monitored and/or reported to a regulator
· any requirements relating to ICR’s obligation to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate a disability or otherwise meet your specific needs
· any information relating to a dispute or legal proceeding
Compliance with a legal obligation
To keep you, our staff, and property on our premises secure
· CCTV images
To provide you with details about upcoming courses and events
· your name, email address and/or postal address
· your marketing and communication preferences and/or or any hard copy or digital sign up
Legitimate Interests (for past students)
Consent (for individuals who have signed up online, at an event, by talking to a member of staff)
To monitor the performance of our website and online course platform and make your user experience better
· your internet addresses
· your browser type and operating system
· the resources you access on our website
· the data obtained from cookies, web logs and other similar technologies that monitor the use of our online course platform or website and/or deliver more appropriate advertisements on or beyond our website
To monitor your use of our services, train our staff and improve your student or website experience
· your complaints, opinions, responses to our surveys or market research
5. Who Gets to See your Personal Data?
ICR and the wider ICR’s group
Your personal data will be processed by the ICR entity that initially receives it, and may also be transferred to and processed by other ICR locations. ICR uses EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses to regulate the transfer and processing of data between group companies.
Outside the ICR’s Group
We do not transfer your personal data to organisations who wish to use it for their own marketing promotions or other purposes. We only transfer your personal data to other organisations where it is necessary to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested (for example: we may transfer your data to our bank, payment card acquirers, library service providers, travel agents, transport and accommodation companies in relation to trips forming part of your course, course venues, caterers, institutions who evaluate the equivalence of your existing overseas qualifications, and direct marketing fulfilment and distribution). We also transfer your data to any organisations that validate our course provision and award your qualification, for courses run by ICR. Where we do so it will be on the basis that these organisations are required to keep the information confidential and secure, and they will only use the information to carry out the instructed services. Some of these organisations may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and you should refer to the section Is your personal data transferred out of the EEA for more information.
For students of ICR physical centres and students of our online courses, we release information about you and your studies with ICR (such as dates of attendance and qualifications or awards achieved) only when you request that we provide such information to future employers, educational bodies or other persons.
Mandatory disclosure to local authorities
ICR may disclose your information if required by law or regulations that either ICR or you are subjected to.
6. Is your Personal Data transferred out of the EEA and Singapore?
ICR may in the normal course of its business transfer your personal data outside of Singapore or the EEA to individuals and organisations who need to process your data in connection with the services that ICR provides to you.
Non- EEA countries offer varying standards for the protection of personal data and your privacy rights and in some cases, these standards are lower than equivalent EEA standards. When we send your personal data outside the EEA, we have in place the EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses in the form of an appropriate data transfer agreement. More details about typical standard clauses can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm.
If you have any questions or would like further information about how we make personal data available to non-EEA countries please contact us (see Contact Information below).
7. How Long will We Keep your Personal Data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant services, maintain business records or educational records to satisfy tax, legal and other regulatory requirements, and protect and defend against potential legal claims.
8. What Steps do We Take to Keep your Personal Data Secure?
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided via our website, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal details from unauthorised physical and electronic access.
As effective as modern security practices are, we cannot guarantee the complete security of personal data held in our systems, nor that that information you supply through the internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorised intrusion, access or manipulation during transmission. Any transmission is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any resulting misuse of your personal data.
9. Third Party Websites
ICR’s websites may contain links to other websites not operated by ICR. The information you provide to us will not be transmitted to other websites, unless we clearly say so, but these other websites may collect personal information about you in accordance with their own privacy notice. ICR cannot accept any responsibility for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
10. Access to your Data and Other Rights
We try to be as open as we can about the data that we process and recommend you ask us if you have questions about the data we hold on you.
If you are a resident of the EU, you have the legal right to make a “subject access request”. If you exercise this right and we process personal data about you by automated means or as part of a Filing System, we are required to provide you with a description and copy of that personal data, and tell you why we are processing it.
As well as your subject access right, you may have a legal right to have your personal data rectified or erased, to object to its processing, or have its processing restricted.
If you have provided us with data about yourself and the grounds for processing is Contract or Consent (see What personal data do we process and why?), you have the right to be given the data in machine readable format for transmitting to another data
If we are relying on Consent as the grounds for processing your data (see What personal data do we process and why?), you may withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of ICR’s processing of your data prior to your withdrawal.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of your rights explained above in relation to your personal data.
for California residents
If you are a resident of California you may have a right pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code to obtain certain information about the types of personal data that we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties.
If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Contact Information
If you (a) have any questions about this Policy; (b) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data; or (c) would like to obtain access to or make corrections to your Personal Data records, you may contact us at:
ICR Pte Ltd
80 Changi Road, #04-20